ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older style jon boat with a two inch lip and I would like to mount a minn kota edge bow mount foot control up front. I need some good ideas and any horror stories on mounting this motor.

Should I mount it up front in the middle or on the side and which side?

What did you use to raise the mount the 2" off the deck?

How many holes bolts did you use to mount to the boat.?

Any pictures would be helpful.

I thought about using 3/4" plywood for the entire front deck and a 2x6 for use under the trolling motor mount and putting marine carpeting over the entire thing. What do you think? Trying to put it a logical place that is strong and convenient without drilling a thousand holes in the boat. Any help would be appreciated

G

·
I had a Tuffy once that had basically the same setup. What they had for the motor mount was a 8-10 inch wide piece of aluminum that was riveted to the gunnel rail and then screwed to the deck, Hard to explain but pretty basic.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I just seen a thingy that mounts a trolling motor to the front of the boat in a clearance section at Boat USA (I think) on Roosevelt, about 2 miles east of 355 on south side of street. $40.. in the clearance section at back of store on left.

·
Registered
440 Posts
it doesn't matter where you mount it, just for your convenience really. i'd say to the side tho, the ideal outcome is that it goes in the water right in front of the boat in the center. my dad made one for our older style jon boat with the v tunnel. he made it with a 2x6 and ply like your sayin. works great, im not sure what he mounted it with tho. wish i could get some pics for ya, but it's in iowa next to the Mississippi right now! sorry! good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts