ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color="#FFFFFF">Here's my first report (Sad!) of the year...Banked fished 4/6/02 for the trout opener, nice clear and cold skies, 22 air temp, low 40's water temp, Kent Creek at Ann Page FP...banks lined with anglers, this time they waited til 5am congrats for restraining people. Took my two boys and armed with Ultra lights and 1/16 white roostertails we were ready for the rite of spring or just plain combat fishing (as it always turns out to be anyway). By the time 5am came around, the boys were cold (even though they dressed for sleding?!?) and I let them hang in the car until I found some fish. So I decided to walk away from the crowd and found a small hole along a cut bank and sure enough two casts two fat trout. At this time a ran back to the car to get the boys (50yards) came back within minutes and found a crowd around my secret (whatever) hole. Made two more casts and got two more (the boys this time around) and was basically surrounded and edged out of my secret hole (whatever)...I know it's a meat fest and manners don't apply to much, but the positive thing here is I GOT TO WET A LINE and FEEL SOMETHING AT THE END OF IT...thank god for spring! Fishski</font>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts