ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the #, 312-747-0737 to the chicago park district, they can send you a map on where fishing is permitted in chicago harbors. bob h, i couldn't find it mentioned in the guide, if this is both for shore bound and boaters...i was just going to ask, if you had any knowledge if this was for both and said "duh" to myself...of course you know. could you let us know, paalease. appreciate the tips. dave h
p.s. just found out from brother marc g, navy pier and the water filtration plant are OFF LIMITS to boaters, safety concerns after Sept 11th is the reason given. it is the first i've heard of this and have not seen it mentioned on CLF. has anyone else encountered these restrictions???? bob? later d

G

·
Dave
When the BassMasters came to town a few yrs back the CPD issued a pamphlet with maps of the harbors indicating where these newly designated Boat Angling area's were located in each harbor, (I suspect) they may have since that time reconsidered the idea (at least it wouldn't surprise me) without as much public fanfare as there was back during the Classic. (which wasn't much!) I'll see if I can locate a copy of the map in my "files" (big pile of papers sitting on the floor) As for Navy Pier & Olive Park Filtration Plant those areas will remain "Off Limits" as will 79th St Plant. I'd recommend you purchase a good map of Lake Michigan, take what ever vacation time you have coming now, and spend the next 3 weeks trying to learn every sq. inch of water between the Waterfront Pub & Michigan City, because there ain't much fish holding water "open to fishing" in Illinois right now, OR....You could give ME a call & I might show you around...maybe...but not the "secret spots"

PS. If you perceive this post to be a veiled attempt on my part to just get my butt into someone's boat for a day of Smallie hunting your only ½ right...would you believe ¾'s!!??

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bob, the map they sent did have area's in the harbor marked in red but didn't mention that those specified area's were permissable from shore, boat or both. maybe your phamplet says more on the subject. i will be trying to get out as much as possible (hopefully sunday will be the first attempt)but if the winds won't let me get out at least 3 or 4 times, i may have to pass on the 21st event. i'm going into the event, with the expectation of not being able (due to winds and weather) to get to any of the spots i'm familiar with. the other thing is that i will be trying to get a handle on a new boat that is by far larger and more powerful than any i have, used, borrowed or stole before (kidding on the stole). mix in inexperience with the boat and total unfamilarity with southern lake michigan and prudance would call taking a pass, unless conditions change dramatically. and you can bet your a_s i'll be calling ya for a thursday venture...you do have thursdays open, yes? later. d

G

·
you do have thursdays open, yes?
I am free from 12:01AM monday till 12:59PM sunday...and usually ready/willing/able to go at the drop of a hat! This board is as close to real a real job as I care to get...look at the time on most of my posts...I'm the guy who wakes up the birds and don't mind pre-sunrise phone calls...as long as it's to go fishing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts