ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out on the Kank this morning for 3 hours and was quite happy with my success. In all I caught 3 smallies, about 10 rock bass, and 1 gar. One of the smallies was a PIG. Pics are below.

My first smallie of the day



My second smallie of the day



My PIG smallie



Another view of the PIG



And yet another view, she was quite impressive



A rock bass, all were about this size



And finally around a 2 foot gar




Had a great time today, enjoy the pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
That pig smallies is a pig alright.
That first one ain't bad either!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Nice fish,it's incredible how many big fish that particular section of the river produces.Especially with all the fishing pressure it gets.When I first started fishing that area I would never see another fisherman there during the week.Then I started posting a lot of unedited pictures an all of a sudden there are people fishing there every time I stop by.I still like to post pictures put I have been more carefull with what I reveal.I know it's difficult getting good pictures when your alone but please don't set the fish on the ground.
Actually you didn't do a bad job with the pictures it just that I know every inch of that shoreline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only fish that was set on the ground was the gar and that was all his doing when I was trying to land him and get the hook out of his jaws. I am an avid fisherman and know what removing their protective slime can do to them. And also, one could NEVER figure out where I was fishing unless you have fished there before like you said. I made sure not to include any landmarks and yes, that spot is almost always empty, even on the weekends believe it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
yup funny boss not hard to pinpoint spots the one i felt was funny was post about a week ago the pic was blurred out but it was so funny how clear it was where they were, here are
my two cents on using and giving information it helps others more to tell patterns ie they were in deep holes with mud to rock transitons telling one spot wont help but with a pattern you can go pattern the fish in like spots all arond the river or lake ,I usto get pissed when guys gave spots that i fish out but guess what i dont have any more rights at the spots so if i show up at a spot and find guys fishing it it is not hard for me to recreate the same pattern in some other spot ,dont get me wrong i still dont want guys to give away the farm
but patterns and lures that are working for you help a good angler better then a gps waypoint and 1 spot if you learn why the fish are hitting in a spot it helps you become better and more assured of your skils and not be the guy that goes to a spot his buddy told him and if he does not catch fish something is wrong you have to think why are they not here and where might they be i can go on for days but i dont think you guys can take my bad spelling for any more all i can say is study fishing and learn as much as you can real all you can and use the net all you want is there from maps to google earth to usgs flow and temp charts and just plain old google.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re

Bossman said:
Ahh! The beautiful island stretch below warner bridge, nobody would be able to tell from that picture! :-D
Thanks for that, you've motivated me to blurr out the backround of all future pics if I even post anymore of them. I think i'll stick to posting in the Subscriber only forum. Text reports are so much more fun anyways for the members..... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Bossman is a real ASSet to the boards, huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
You mean you guys havent seen the famous dual bucket rig that he has? Not only can he carry off 5 gallons of fish, hes made it possible to carry off 10 gallons of fish. This of course comes along with a strict undersize rule. We wouldnt want anything to grow up now would we.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Re: Re

wmuallstar said:
Bossman said:
Ahh! The beautiful island stretch below warner bridge, nobody would be able to tell from that picture! :-D
Thanks for that, you've motivated me to blurr out the backround of all future pics if I even post anymore of them. I think i'll stick to posting in the Subscriber only forum. Text reports are so much more fun anyways for the members..... :roll:

Heh. Well put.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Nonpoint said:
You mean you guys havent seen the famous dual bucket rig that he has? Not only can he carry off 5 gallons of fish, hes made it possible to carry off 10 gallons of fish. This of course comes along with a strict undersize rule. We wouldnt want anything to grow up now would we.
Hey quit giving all my secrets away, I learned this method from your couzen's in jollyet along with throwen my bush beere can's out da winda on 53! Those red eyed critters sure are tastee! :)2

raptor said:
Bossman is a real ASSet to the boards, huh?
Raptor where did you come up with that one, Oh must have seen it from your outhouse wall ! P.s I know a good reading tudor in shorewood who will teach how to read the illinois smallmouth alliance signs :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Smally Stealth Photos

You guys are goofy - theres smallies all over the Kankakee and you think your honey holes from the state line to the Illinois river can be hidden from others by by blurring the photos?

Just float a fathead or helgie in just about any riffle or eddie and you're going to pick up fat hogs. Pssst - dont tell anyone!


billybob59 said:
Nice fish,it's incredible how many big fish that particular section of the river produces.Especially with all the fishing pressure it gets.When I first started fishing that area I would never see another fisherman there during the week.Then I started posting a lot of unedited pictures an all of a sudden there are people fishing there every time I stop by.I still like to post pictures put I have been more carefull with what I reveal.I know it's difficult getting good pictures when your alone but please don't set the fish on the ground.
Actually you didn't do a bad job with the pictures it just that I know every inch of that shoreline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Re

Well put Cat The picture of area 7 above is no known hot spot I Have been wading the river for 20 years +and on any given day have seen 3 to 5 guy's working the same area above :)2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Nice fish, dude. Don't worry about the naysayers or the jerks that call out the spot you were at. As you or someone else said post in the subscriber's forum and you won't have to deal with the bs. And personally, I don't think you should worry too much about putting a gar on the ground for a few seconds...unless there is a bowfisherman by you :lol:

N
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top