ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out on the Kank this morning for 3 hours and was quite happy with my success. In all I caught 3 smallies, about 10 rock bass, and 1 gar. One of the smallies was a PIG. Pics are below.

My first smallie of the day

My second smallie of the day

My PIG smallie

Another view of the PIG

And yet another view, she was quite impressive

A rock bass, all were about this size

And finally around a 2 foot gar

All fish except the gar were caught on a texas rigged YUM crawbug. The gar was caught on a crawfish pattern rattlin rapala. All fish released of course, the PIG looked like she was full of eggs so I gave her special care in her release. Had a great time this morning, enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice Job! I specifically liked the not 1, not 2, but 3 pics of the one fish... :p

Nice report. I guess I really should start getting out on the Fox, seeing as how I could almost throw a rock to the bank, right from my house... ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishin D said:
Nice Job! I specifically liked the not 1, not 2, but 3 pics of the one fish... :p

Nice report. I guess I really should start getting out on the Fox, seeing as how I could almost throw a rock to the bank, right from my house... ;)
1 pic just wouldn't of done her justice. She was a beauty.

·
Registered
489 Posts
wmuallstar said:
1 pic just wouldn't of done her justice. She was a beauty.
Yep, that is a very nice Smallie. I am guilty of the multiphoto fish myself... ;)

It kinda stinks when you get a hog, and you are solo with no one to snap the photo of you with the fish. That always adds nice perspective to the fish size, especially if you are like some on this board, who hold the fish way too close to the camera (I would never do this... :roll: ;) ). I had that solo issue a lot last year as I could not fill the prowler seat many times; but I guess catching the hogs when you are alone still beats not catching them at all.... :p :)2

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vdub said:
Never caught a gar...do they fight hard? What will they hit usually?
They fight a lot like a pike with vicous head shakes and long runs. They are a blast to catch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.