ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty nasty day out there. hooked up with mike(stinkbait420). fished the state park noon till 530. fished some slack water downstream of rock creek to no avail. used roaches/fatheads on slip float rigs and later stick baits. went back to hit the creek mouth and lower creek. lost a fish on a black twister keeper rig. mike got a couple rockies and a small smallie on roaches up in the creek. i later broke the skunk with a small smallie as well on a fathead. we last hit the old pilings downstream of warner bridge along with the creek there. got nothing. water is high(in the trees in spots and dirty. its definitely still rising. we got to watch two adult geese and their chicks float down right thru the rapids below rock creek no problem. hope your trip home was cool mike!

crayphish

·
Registered
190 Posts
HEY--WHAT CAN WE SAY. CONDITIONS COULD'NT HAVE BEEN ANY WORSE.HIGH WATER, CHOCOLATE MILK, WATER TEMPS THAT DROPPED 8-10+ DEGREES, GUSTING WINDS, ETC. OUR DEDICATION TO FISHING IS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT US OUT THERE.THAT OR STUPIDITY.ANYWAYS, I SHOULD'NT COMPLAIN THOUGH.WE STILL CAUGHT FISH AND HAD A GOOD TIME.WILD LIFE WAS ABUNDANT CONSIDERING THE CONDITIONS. GEESE WERE EVERYWHERE(SURFIN' DOWN THE RAPIDS), AND DON'T FORGET THAT ATTACK SQUIRREL THAT WANTED ME DEAD(GAURDING THE NEST).ALL IN ALL, THE KANKAKEE RIVER IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO FISH RIGHT NOW, BUT CONDITIONS CHANGE ALMOST OVERNIGHT THERE, SO YA NEVER KNOW.WE NEED A CONSISTANT WHEATHER PATTERN AND STABLE WATER AND WE'RE IN BUSINESS.FELT GOOD TO GET OUT THERE AND WADE.CAN'T WAIT FOR BETTER WHEATHER AND WATER.THEIR IN THERE JUST ASKING TO BE CAUGHT.WE'LL GET EM' CRAY.THANK'S FOR THE INVITE.TRIP HOME WAS WINDY.SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT MY SAIL AND SAVED ON GAS.(LOL)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey mike you can a cold to my catch totals from sunday. feel like crap. if i dont go in to work tomorrow i'm gonna scan through all of my old mags and see what i can find on those fox river flatheads. i talked to my cattin buddy who says he's in. more rain forecast wednesday-thursday, what a bummer. if the river still up i may try to get a few hours in sunday morning at mazonia or my buddies sportsmans club. have a good one, your right we were awfully dedicated out there.

chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.