ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pswitzer and I got out on the Kankakee river on Saturday and did alright. I got my first smallie of the year which felt great and he caught a number of rock bass. We fished hard but couldn't seem to dial in the smallies. At least we didn't get the skunk. The geese were out in full force as well.

First smallie of the year, felt GREAT!

A couple geese sitting near a current break

·
Registered
278 Posts
nice pig!

I love fishing the kankakee, has the water level dropped some. I haven't been down there this year, thinking everything was flooded.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The river is still pretty high and the current is very fast. I wore my waders out there but didnt end up really doing any wading, it just looked too dangerous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
X-rap #8 green color seems to be the ticket we hammered them on Sat. (19th) downstream from Rock Creek just past the pool off 113. Seems like they were hangin around the fast current just down stream from the pool lookin for easy pickins. I don't know how to upload the pics yet. Till I figure it out I'll post all my pics. I've fished the k3 for over 24 years with a passion. My fave next to Leech Lake MN. Shhhhh ;^)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts