ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at harbor at 7:15 am. North harbor had skim ice all the way to and beyond the bridge. I fished south of the bridge on the north side of the large harbor leading to the lake. By 8:00 am I had 2 browns about 2# and 4#. Then over the next hour and a half I caught 1 more brown and lost 1 brown and 1 steelhead. Kept the 2 smaller browns and released an 8-9 lb'er.

All the browns came on smaller golden roaches. The steelhead hit a yozuri smelt imitation lure about 6 inches long running a foot under the surface. Three other guys had 10-11 browns, and one steelhead about the same size using roaches and spawn. There were a few fish caught on the south side of the harbor by the condos as well.

The water was calm and the wind was initially out of the WSW less than 5 mph and began to change to NE at about 9:15. The show was over at 9:30. I stayed till 10:30 and left.

On a side note: Harborside Bait and Tackle at 4615 7th ave is open 7 days a week at 7:00 am. And they gave me a great count on a dozen roaches. A nice guy. Their tel # is 262-605-9001 and they are 3 minutes from the harbor.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Good report. A trout frying in a pan sounds tasty.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on Harborside Bait and Tackle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts