ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to lasalle for the first time. Brought along the bike and headed straight for the warm side. Good news was I had cats to keep me busy on just about every cast. Just couldnt keep them off, all really small too. Only managed 3 or 4 bass. Now for the bad news, I got my butt kicked by some crazy geese. Nobody mentioned they nest all over the dikes that stretch into the lake. Must have been 20 nests in a 1/4 section. Had one knock me off my bike and busted me up pretty good!!

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah those geese can get pretty fowl! I made the mistake of sitting backwards one opening day while my buddy drove and had one take my hat off flying low. I am glad it was just my hat and didnt break my neck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Should have brought your bow Mike. I know the're protected but in a case of self defense you should be allright..right?

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
Oh yeah, them geese 8:) It seems there are more nests then when I was there last! Someone stock some alligators, that will take care of a few of them ;)

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Reminds me of last week(I really been wanting to rant on this one).I was in carpentersville on the fox,only one out there and throwing a few casts here and there.There are always an abundant flocks of geese there and if I leave them alone they return the favor.Anyways,a women comes walking down the path with a COLLAR in her HAND and is yelling for her dog to"get over here".Of course the dog doesnt and yep,she starts clapping real loud and screaming to it.A whole flock near me hits the air and flies right at me towards the river.I actually had to hit the deck and ended up with mud all over me :evil: Needless to say I headed for the car,and she just stands there looking at me.Keep a tight lip but boy could I have said some things...AHHH,that feels better :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was at Lasalle last week and a herd of Gooses jumped me, stole my wallet and fishing pole. :x I think they were a goose gang or something. I would bring a Black Eagle 2 for self defense. Lead shot only please.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Icewdevice i wonder if your homeowners would cover your wallet and pole being stolen. Bet they never heard that one before. hahaha :lol:

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
LetsGoFishing said:
I was out there a couple years ago and got knocked off my bike by a goose. They're mean buggers.
We need some YouTube material! Someone get out there with a camcorder and another be the guinea pig :)23

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
"hey hunden are you sure it was dirt that was falling?" :eek: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I often stare out my bedroom window and daydream of how to destroy the hundreds of geese at the pond behind our house......all they do is poop and bite :evil: :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
are any of these guys the culprit......?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6Tp-dTisw"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6Tp-dTisw[/ame]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts