ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found some decent bluegills today, brought 6 home for dinner. Used the smaller ones for blue cat bait, first time I ever cought fish on bluegills.
Over all fishin was kinda slow a few bass, no stripers. The amount of garbage on the south shoreline is sickining, gives fisherman a bad name.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree totally ! I was out there Fri. with my son ,we only made it to marker 28 or something and where we fished and what I saw on the way to there was garbage (mostly liver&worm containers,and don't tell me you can't drink out there,there were beer bottles too) AND THERE ARE GARBAGE CANS EVERY 100 ft!!! This is a fishing place so we can't blame it on anyone else. If you were up to this point, you still had to walk past 10 garbage cans to get back to the lot. I would like to think that all of us on these sites are responsible outdoorsman/woman and it's not us, it's the rest. We know it's up to us. Take out more than you brought in. , and bring a bat to jack anyone you see littering in the head. :evil:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It seems the closer to the entrance you are, the messier the place is - I guess a person who has the get up and go to walk/bike for a mile or two for good fishing also has the get up and go to put garbage in the trash, while a person who wants to walk 10ft and catch 50lb fish probably isn't the most motivated person, not saying all people who fish the entrance are lazy or slobs, I'm just saying ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts