ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
biked the 3.5 miles to the hot side. had some good action for a while. caught 6 cats, 4 largemouth and 1 white bass. the bass were 10-14 inches and all the cats were about 14 inches. not too bad for my first time. only fished from 9-12. anyone have any tips on fishing tis lake from shore? how about the cold side? is that any good? what for. i hate the long bike ride. thanx. and cpr

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have always fished the cool side when going there in the spring/summer. I usually stay around marker 70-80. As you are walking/biking along the road, look to the right at the farm fields. You will see an old road that goes to the lake. The lake was built over that roadway, and it's enough of a bottom difference to attract some fish. Anyways, I have had the best fishing on windy days when the waves are crashing the shore. This forces the baitfish in, and the gamefish follow. I use a slip bobber with an 1/8th ounce jig and a minnow. Usually catch smallies and catfish and white/yellow bass with this setup. If you aren't catching fish in 20-30 minutes, move towards the corner. Just keep moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.