ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else fished opening day? Haven't seen anyone talk much about it.I cought my limit in 2 hours.

G

·
I was there with my 10 year old son and we limited out at about 8:00am. It was fun watching him catch those fish. We were on the far side of the lake where were you?

Capt. Jon

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was one of the few people that chose to fish on the dock.It actually was pretty nice cause I wasn't crowded.My father used to and still does feel that way even though I am 23 and have my own newborn son.Can't wait till he can hold a rod.

G

·
Good for you. I was surprised that there wasn't as many people as I thought there was going to be. I like to fish the big lake for Trout and Salmon, but this gave my son an opportunity to cast and catch. We were using spinners for the little Trout which seemed to be working good. Are you going out again this week?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I didn't respond earlier havn't been on in two days.Yes I will be there this weekend.Try the dock when you go out next time try using 1/16 oz jig with a nail tail and tip them with 1 or two spikes using a bobber 4 feet down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts