ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip up to Geneva to fish. What are the reports for the lake? Is anyone fishing there catching anything? Interested in Walleye and Crappie.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fished LG on Friday and noticed the fish kill that happened this year. I was told this happens every year and was related to road salt running off into the lake and poisioning the fish.
I did see alot of other pan fish infected with something. I thought they were bluegill because I tried to push one onto the shore and it looked like a big bluegill. I notice alot of fish like these they could bearly swim and all were good size.
I have a question that could these be the large females coming off their spawning beds.
They had large white markings on there backs and tails{Could these be scapings from the spawn?}

I thought that in Wisconsin they didn't use road salt. That being the reason their roads are better than ours in Illinois.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wisconsin uses sand where there are no sewers to clog up. Their road are better because of WHO contracts the roads. Illinoiss big road builders seem to have an affinity for doing jail time followed up by another interstate contract when they get out.

Who moves the world?

G

·
Been a bunch of floaters the last two years up there (only two I've been up there). Last year was a little later in spring and a lot of folks chalked it up to spawning stress while some blamed the chemical treatmets used to kill plants at beach areas. What ever the reason it seemed to be short lived and the bite was still there all summer. Let's hope this year is no worse. I'll be on the water next weekend, will post anything worthwhile.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lets have no more talk on the silly salt issue, if you want to see more go on salt issue go to Lake-Link.Lets keep this just Fishing Reports.Thanks, Roy

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
White markings - sounds like possibly Green Sunfish you were seeing? They'll have white markings on the edges of their fins...

Also, pure bluegils are getting harder and harder to find with all the hybridization that's going on...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts