ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Michigan for a week with the guys to do some fishing and drinking. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with lake Macatawa in holland and if so, any current conditions or any advice is greatly appreciated. We are thinking of fishing here and also lake Michigan, as they look to be the best and closets spot to my buddies brother in laws place that we get to use rent free :)2 :)2

Thanks
Matt

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I investigated info on this lake. I guess at one time it was a good lake but from what i could gather it is overpopulated with Sheephead. I read it has high levels of pollution. Was intrested because its shows it has walleyes ,bass , northern , crappies ,perch, and is connectyed to lake mich. My wifes friend has a place down the street from the lake. If you go give a report good luck.

· Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We didn't end up fishing the lake. Too many reports from locals that the lake was polluted (not as bad as lake Kalamazoo :eek: ) so we decided to hit LM for some perch. Got maybe 9 perch in 70 FOW but it's a tough deal because there is NO structure and the bottom is SO flat there is really nothing you can do to pinpoint them. We ended up fishing paw paw lake and a few other misc lakes. Pike, bass, crappie, perch and bluegills were the fish we caught. My liver needs a break........ ;)

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Its a shame because it looks like a nice lake to be polluted when i first was looking at it was thinking of buying property there on the lake but when i found out how polluted it was and not good fishing anymore that sealed the deal. Thanks for the report.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.