ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was trying to find out some information about the lake. I am looking for a place to take my 6 year old trout fishing the 1st day on April 5th. Is there very much shore line to fish on? Can you put in a boat to fish? Horsepower limit? Is the trout fishing any good? Do you have to get there really early to get a spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
there is an ample amount of shoreline at lake of the woods for everyone to fish, however, the entire shore along the dam will be packed bc that is the best spot. they dump the fish in along the dam and the water is deepest there so i believe thats why the trout congregate there and id get there pretty early if you want a spot there. the fishing is usually pretty hot the first few days. you can put a boat in, although i think you need a lake pass which is relatively unexpensive. ive lived in mahomet pretty much my whole life and done the trout thing out there for years and if you put in a little time getting your limit shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jasons8387,

Thanks for your help. How early would you say to get there to gain a good sopt by the dam? My son is only 6 and his paitence is not very long right now so I want the action to be right off the bat.

Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
the sign at the gate says the park will open to fisherman at 5 am, however i dont think it gets light til at least an hour after that. fishing w a 6 yr old in the dark isnt probably the best thing to keep him motivated so id go right at sunrise and you should still be able to get a spot along the dam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts