ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Lake Sara Monday morning (3-24) till wednesday afternoon (3-26). Ofcourse the weather the few days before was cold and dropped the water temperature to 41 degrees. Went down for bass, so you can imagine how the cold water affected that. We ended up only getting a few over the 3 days we were there. Weather was pretty much lower 40's and water temps barely reached above 45 degrees. Weather started getting better today and thats when we got the most bites. Tried everything from deep water to ledges to shore. Every depth possible. They were just not moving to feed at all. Warm weather coming in there now though, so should get better if anyone is planning to head down there. Also heard from a guy the crappie are starting to hit like crazy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in alsip, and it takes about 3 hours or so with towing a boat. i take 57 straight there. from the west burbs there may be a way down 55 and shoot over once south, but not sure. id say around the same though. maybe 3.5 hours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Theres a tournament there this weekend. Can't make it but I fished it last year. Water was cold in the 40's. We caught tons of fish but they were all to short. The second day I finally got onto a pattern fishing rattle traps over the weeds. Where any of your fish over 14 inches?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The tournament is a two day tournament sat-sun. I believe the weigh-in on Saturday is at 4:30 and Sunday its at 3:30. I think you have to preregister to fish the tournament.

·
Registered
18 Posts
more info on Sara

I fished Sara years ago but don't remember much of the details. I want to hit it this Spring for LM...Where's the launch, cost? Any motor restrictions? Recent water temp/water clarity?

Any suggestion on bass there would be appreciated.

C & R only. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts