ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning.

I was able to get in some fishing but not much between my meetings. The weather on Lake WI was absolutely beautiful. I arrived at my buddy's place at about 2:30 after getting a license and minnows. I almost missed the turn to his place and slammed on the brakes. The minnow bucket along with the dozen or so minnows proceeded to spill out all over my passenger seat floor. I picked all of them up and put them in the bucket with a little bit of water and got down to the Lake to get them in the other minnow bucket w/water. Hooked a minnow up and threw it in the water and went back up and cleaned my car out.

It was about 75* when I got up there - no crappin. There were a couple of jetskis and a few boats out but otherwise I seemed to have the Lake all to myself. Kept the minnows out with no bobber and a drop shot weight about 1-1/2 ft up. While I had that in the H2O I was pitching a yellow small bucktail. To avoid a long read I'll say that I fished that afternoon, later that night and early the next morning and I got the old skunker. Tried a few different lures but no luck. I had the minnow right on a few old X-Mas trees that my friend had tied cinder blocks to and dropped down over the years for structure but it didn't help.

That being said, I love that place. Wish I could afford a house up there but it's not in the budget right now. Hopefully in a few years. I know I got the skunk but it was my first time up there to fish open water this season and I'm looking forward to many more productive trips this year. It is one of the best fisheries that I have ever been to.

Neil

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
That's a bummer the fish weren't biting.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fonz,

It was a bit of a let down but still a good experience. It wasn't for a lack of trying!

N

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Great report Nod. That is one big tough body of water. I fished it once and the dock we were fishing on was on a 3 foot flat that extended several hundred yards out :eek: Hopefully you can get up more later in the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts