ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out Sunday with my new bud Merv (dncncwboy56). We really had to fight the elements but we put in a hard days fishing. Caught a little bit of everything, but no monsters. Tons of largemouth up to about 2 lbs, 3 smallies, 1 hybrid, 2 decent blues, and all the dink catfish one could hope for. Oops, forgot about the drum. For some reason they loved the crank I was throwing. WAY too many drum. Here are a few pictures of the bass representing the size of most. Again, no monsters, but it is hard to beat non-stop bass fishing in March. Thanks for having me out Merv :)2

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big10Seaner said:
It's good to see people catching smallies out there again. It seems like the bass fishing is starting off with a bang!
We were pleasantly suprised also. They were nice and healthy. All of them came from about a 10 foot section of bank on the cold side.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It's good to hear of a bit of a rebound! That could mean a good couple of years down the road if no kills happen this summer :)2

Good job Matt, we'll have to see about getting there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hopefully those wind towers take some of the power pressures of the plant and help keep the water at a reasonable temp. in the summer. I was out for a quick trip from shore. It's unbelievable how many 15 inch catfish there are in that lake. The bass population seems to be doing good too.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
danaconda said:
hey guys nice fish. what are ya catchin those bass on???
Pick your favorite fatbodied crank and have fun. We must of switched baits and colors a few dozen times but it did not seem to matter much.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice results Matt. I hope Augie and I can get out on wednesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts