ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to lasalle today, a little later start than planned. Arrived at around 10 am fished around marker 50. Plan was to go friday but with the weather coming our way, I went today. Took a bit to find some yellows, and didnt find any hybrids. Too many dink cats to count :roll: Fish were around 25ft out, any farther and it was just cats. Finished the day around 2pm, with enough yellows for a friday or saturday night fish fry :p Plus a few for freezer. All caught on livers,,, crawlers only caught cats. Tried a rattle trap hoping for a drag peeling hybrid, no takers, but maybe next week will produce one or two. Did talk to a guy on a bike who said he got a couple, maybe I just needed to walk further. Nice of him to offer left over livers,, I didnt need em, so I hope his dog enjoys em! Good fishin.................. :)2 :)2 :)2

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of about 30 cats maybe 3 or 4 might have been slighty over 12". The rest were averaging about 10" A few inches more and they'd be chowder ! Good fishin..............

·
Registered
329 Posts
Going Bassin tomorrow. Cant wait to get my pole wet! Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. :)

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
jdisci said:
I keep hearing about these "dink" cats. What size are the dinks? Under 12"?
I hear some people use the smallest cats they catch for bait. Catch a little cat and wing it waaay out there into the open water where there is no place to hide. Huge Blues are said to love em' ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts