ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I found lurking around Lasalle the last few nights. I am telling you there are some really good fish right now moving into the shore lines and getting really active.

25in. Smallmouth buff 4/16/08

27in. Smallmouth buff 4/17/08

27in. Common 4/17/08

I lost my first point of the year last night. I shot buffalo and hit a tree stump Trying to fight both didn't work. I ended up losing both. If it doesn't rain too bad I am going this afternoon.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure of all the different species of buffs but I look for big or smallmouths

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you guys are right. check my other one I posted the other day. I like that id page ed. I am trying to learn all the species.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Thats definately a black Buff Bill. One of the best Ive seen! I shot one gant one in DCA about 15yrs ago that went 17lbs, but havent seen any that big since. Congrats on the fine fish!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It weighed 17 lbs. It felt like more. There are plenty more buffs out there.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Second one is definitely, top one I'd like to see DNA :lol: just because all that dirt is black don't make it so :p

Nice fish Bill, I would have liked to get into some buffs the other night.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I love shooting buffs. They are real fighters.

Congrats Bill! :)2 I'll bet you've already got the big fish black buff for the year. I got the biggest one last year and mine wasn't nearly that big.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts