ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BIG Lasalle shoot is less than a month away!! Tom and Jeff are running this one and will be setting the rules shortly. Ill be shooting this one from the shore more than likely as my motor will be on its way to Minn. to be installed on the new boat that week. But thats OK as I like shooting Lasalle from shore........gonna be a great shoot!!

G

·
Ed, I will be on vacation and will be able to make this shoot. You're welcome to hop aboard my scow if you like.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The big LASALLE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT is coming up quick :-D Bill has been doing real good out there lately, but area 3 has really been drawn down. Talked to the site guy and he told me it was done to enhance waterfowl plant growth. Too bad it pretty much ruined the lake for fishing though!!!!!!

But, lots of shore line to bowfish in 3, lots of good boating waters out of the river and state line boat ramps too. I think we will have a great shoot there! But if you were planning on shooting 3, you might think about a back up plan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK. here is the outline of the rules for LaSalle (pending any modifications by Jeff).

Since area #3 has been drawn down trailering will be allowed. The new boundaries will be the Grand Kankakee Marsh boat ramp on the east and the State Line bridge on the west. This will open up the GKM park to shore fisherman as well as other backwaters east of LaSalle.

Start Time will be 5:00am with reg. starting at 4:30am everyone will meet at area 1 and will leave there at 5:00am.

Check In will be at the LaSalle HQ building at 12:00pm.

$10.00 per person entry fee $5.00 big fish pot.

I will post maps and directions to the boat launches soon.

Hope to see a good turn out!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I foresee another great shoot. Fishing has been slow the last few days but should turn on soon. The cottonwoods haven't seeded yet so the carp have not really spawned yet either.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ejoe probaly knows the best way from that area. You can take 80 over to 41 in indiana and head south to route 10.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I take I-55 down to the Wilmington exit.

Turn left at the stop sign (go east).

Turn right at the next stop sign (go south) and head toward Wilmington.

Turn left at the stop light (it might be a stop sign, I don't remember) and head east on Wilmington/Peotone road.

Just before you get to Peotone go south on I-57 to the Bourbonnais exit (IL 50).

Turn left at the exit ramp stop light and go north on IL 50.

When you get to the stop light at the Shell station on the NW corner of the intersection turn right and head east on 4000 Rd. (If you see a Farm & Fleet on your left and a Wal Mart on your right you've gone too far.)

When you get to the road closed sign turn right at the stop sign and go south to the next stop sign (3000 Rd).

Turn left at the stop sign and take 3000 Rd east into Momence.

In Momence turn right at the stop light and go south through downtown Momence.

Cross the Kankakee River and go through the stop light.

When you get to the stop sign turn left and go east on IL 114. This road eventually becomes Indiana 10 when you cross the state line.

After you cross the state line you will see signs for Area 4, then Area 3, etc.

When you get to the stop light at US 41 turn left and go north.

Just before you cross the Kankakee River (there's a sign on US 41) turn left into Area 1. It's not marked very well so if you cross the river turn around, go back, and take your first right after you cross the river going south.

I know it sounds complicated but it avoids the congestion and traffic on I-80 and all the stop lights on US 41 south of I-80.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Evan you pass right by my house! Next time you will have to stop and pick up some venison. I live on 114 which is rt 10 after stateline road. I live about 2 miles east of momence town on the right side across the street from the tavern mugs and suds.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
CARPSLAYER said:
Evan you pass right by my house! Next time you will have to stop and pick up some venison. I live on 114 which is rt 10 after stateline road. I live about 2 miles east of momence town on the right side across the street from the tavern mugs and suds.
Thanks Bill I will! :)2

I remember Mugs and Suds well. I even used their parking lot once to tighten up the tiedown straps on my boat after I went over those rough railroad tracks on 114 in Momence too fast (thank God they have fixed them)!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yeah I ahve the house right across the street with the horseshoe driveway. White house red shutters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.