ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The real boating experts were out yesterday!!! First off we watch a guy launching go off the ramp side ways and get the trailer stuck on the launch and then we see a guy on plane in the fog where you can't see 15' on front of the boat. :roll: :evil: It was rookie central yesterday!!

The report from yesterday unfortunately is not real good!! We found fish out in open water, they didn't want any baits, size or colors. Walleye did manage one nice blue about 5-6 lbs, and that was it for trolling!! Then after getting sick of trolling out in fog and wind we started casting plastics ON the rocks and mangaed abot 20-30 small-medium largies to save the day. And I mean ON the rocks, they were so tight to the structure and you had to hit them on the head with it. The water was 82 on the northside and 56 on the south with an east wind about 10-15 mph. If spring ever comes we should have some good fishing, it seemed like the fish were sick of the weather too!!! Still was nice to fish and not stand over a hole, if you ask me!!

Few pics:

·
Registered
22 Posts
3/30 report LaSalle

Guys this is my initial post. I was at LaSalle on Sunday I took my bike. I used medium roaches, chicken livers, and worms. I started out near the SE corner, then tried the east side (cold water) and finally the east side (hot water). I got zippo in the cold water. When I got to the hot water I did a bit better. 3 bass between 12" and 14", 22 cats under 14", one cat over 20". All released and almost all on minnows. Fish seemed to all be in under 6 feet of water (I tried deeper to no avail). One other item I was there two weeks ago and the water on the hot side (where I was fishing) was 83 degrees per the boat in front of me. Yesterday it was 78. I going on what the boaters tell me from their depthfinder, but I'm surprised the temps are going down. Maybe the units have not been running much lately? All in all, a lot of exercise but it beats working. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Don't worry Augie you'll catch plenty of fish next weekend.
Why you ask?
Because I'll be in the boat 8:) 8:)

Hey paulie boy welcome to CLF :)2 .

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thanks Augie for taking me out.
Even though it wasn't the best day, I really had fun trying a new lake. As far as the boaters go, I thought Delavan had a lot of rookies, but LaSalle wins by a long shot.
Anyway, I wish I would have drank the right Gatoraide first thing. :lol:
That set me back at least 10 bass if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll have to try Heidecke too.....As long as we don't that dreaded east wind :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts