ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Augman69 and I fished LaSalle today with real nice results.
The wind was nasty all day, but at least the fish cooperated.
The first fish caught was a good Smallmouth of about 15" that Augie hooked casting a Senko. He then caught a half dozen Largemouth one after another {12"-15"} using the same technique. The Gulp minnows I bought were effective on the small cats up tight along the riprap. I am now sold on Gulp minnows and will fish them everywhere this year... Crankbaits were the lure of the day though, with all the best fish caught on them.
See below.

Here is a pic of a decent Blue caught on a Shadrap that Augie didn't want to touch :roll:. I think he might have a pic of me on his camera holding his cat as Augie was unwilling :oops: .

The fog was real thick in the morning, therefore we had a maybe 75' diameter around the boat where we could actually see. We decided to try our luck trolling around in the fog and caught 5 or so average sized Hybrids. After the fog cleared up a bit in the afternoon, we decided to troll some more. We would usually pick up a couple of fish during a pass.

Here is a good sized Hybrid.

A little later this guy was hooked.

All in all it was a fine day on the water. We cut our day short because of family responsibilites, but the fish were still biting as we left.
Finally, it was nice to meet and talk briefly to Legend075 at the launch this morning. How did you today Larry?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Those are some nice lookin' wipers.
Why wouldn't Augie hold the cat??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice Job..

I am going out Thursday with FishFinders guide service. I'm sure that I will learn a few things.

JUst curious...What where the water temps??

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Hey Glen, It was nice meeting you and Augman :)2! We did pretty good out there off shore. Me and Tim landed 9 nice Hybrids all over 17". Creel our limit of 3 over 17" and the rest were released.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raptor said:
Those are some nice lookin' wipers.
Why wouldn't Augie hold the cat??
Augie doesn't like to get his hands, clothes, or boat full of cat slime. I say slime is part of the fishing "experience".

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Better watch the weather for friday!! Looks like more snow :roll:

84 on the northside and 56 southside

The cat issue.......Between the slime and how cold my hands were it wasn't worth it to me hold the damn thing!! Plus I'm driving the boat to stay off the rocks in 15+ MPH winds.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Awesome reports, gents. Those hybrids fight pretty well? Pretty looking fish.

Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts