ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth fishing lasalle this weekend after this weather change or does the fishing stay ok due to warm water in lake.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
IMO I wouldn't waste your time. With the strong winds you'd be crazy to drive there fish for 10 minutes and go back home.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I was there Wednesday with 15+ winds out of the north (forecated for tom.) and did well trolling the wind beaten ***** for stipers and the bass were out of the wind on plastics. And it might keep some thin skinned fishermen away, if your a diehard I'd go anyways. They're biting now!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went out yesterday since I had the day off. Unfortunately, didn't do any fishing. I launched and got out about a quarter mile when I had to head back in. I was taking in more water then my bilge could handle. That's not a good thing. The waves were too much for my boat to handle. Got out there just before 7 and there was only 1 boat out and 1 boat lauching. When I left around 8, there was 2 boats out and 1 guy thinking about launching. The two boats that went out were deep-v's. Unfortunately I don't have one of those. Oh well, it looks like cabin fever will last a little longer for me. :cry:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ned, glad to see someone was wise enough to get off the lake and fish another day. This is not a lake to take lightly. It's like a mini Lake Michigan. Calm one minute and 3 footers the next.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ned, glad to see someone was wise enough to get off the lake and fish another day. This is not a lake to take lightly. It's like a mini Lake Michigan. Calm one minute and 3 footers the next.
It‘s funny how you take things for granted。 I’ve heard a lot of people say that Lasalle can get nasty。 Now I have first hand knowledge of it。 I‘m definately a believer now。

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pool 4, Alma Wisconsin

Just got back from three day trip to the mighty Mississip.

Day one with a guide, Lee Fluekiger started out badly. Massive cold front sat down on us. Bluebird skies and 25 degrees. By noon we had three smallish walleye/saugers in the boat. Not my idea of a hot bite.

Went in for lunch and in the afternoon, caught 8 more. Nothing larger than 20 inches, mostly sauger in the 16 inch range. Dropped the guide off at 5:00, took my boat and went back out and fished for perch. Found a nice hole but got dark and they shut down. Caught three of about 10-12 inches.

That night we got five inches of snow and more 26 degree weather! Talk about brutal! 10-15 mph winds with a driving snow all day on Friday. We managed to catch twenty five perch up to 1.1 LB in a short time. Luckily some guys came over to see what we were catching and we asked what the limit was and they said ten each. We didn't know how many we had so we started counting and wound up at twenty five. Threw back the two smallest, gave the guys the three over the limit and vacated the spot so they could catch their limit. I even gave them four of my jigs and plastic bodies that were catching the fish. Hope they limited out.

We then went to vertical jigging for walleye/sauger. Finally wound up the day early with five. Froze, frostbitten, three inches of snow in the boat, a lot of it packed down to ice where we walked on it all day. FUN!!!

Last morning we got out late fished for about three hours, caught 7 perch and one walleye. They weren't cooperating for us at all. saw some locals catch a few, but out of the fifteen boats drifting the stretch of river where we were, it wasn't much. We knocked it off and headed back about noon.

The water was unbelievably clear, probably three to four feet visibility. I didn't know it got that clear.

All in all, an ok trip.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I picked this keeper up on Thursday. My only fish of the day, hit a baby bass deep diving crankbiat on the east bank. Went 19" and had quite a belly on it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
LaSalle wasn't that bad (weather wise & windwise) on Saturday. I went out w/ JimL and we picked up 2 Stripers biggest 1LB, 1 huge Drum, and about 20 cats all were channels. We started by trolling and picked up 3 fish this way and then after 3-4 hrs decided to drop anchor and fish for cats.

We think it might have been bad because of the coldfront. A few people we saw had some nice fish on though. #'s were missing.

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts