ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all that use the ramps at Waukegan it may behoove everyone concerned if you e-mail the Harbor Master at [email protected] and copy the Mayor's office at [email protected] and offer some encouragement to expedite the repairs before the Salmon Classic or we will all be waiting in line forever to lauch/recover. Since we are paying customers we have a right to that service which is not being provided at the moment. Since I e-mailed him 4/8/02 about the ladders I still have no response, but 3 ramps have ladders now.

Hootie

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just sent off my email. I have already damaged my trailer there last weekend. Needless to say, I will be driving the extra few miles and launch out of Northpoint. The ramps are some of the best I have seen and they are free!

WalleyeGuy

G

·
I slip in Waukegan and would have to agree with Walleyeguy, drop your boat in at Northpoint. In Waukegan’s infinite wisdom they spent their funds to separate the launches with yellow chain link fence posts that are a pain in the butt to see when you’re backing up. Launch out of Northpoint it’s worth the gas and the five-minute run.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marc, in 20-20 hindsight that's probably the best solution. Unfortunately, I have purchased a season pass for $100.
Hootie

G

·
Sorry man and your right about them just taking money, my fee's went up and I haven't seen any major improvements. Well on the bright side you have a shorter drive unless your coming from Wisc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Hootie you are right. Why should I have to drive an extra 1/2 hr. to have a good lauching site. Also Winthrop doest open until April 1 and closes early in the fall. Guys it is up to us to demand what we should have coming. There is fed money ie DJ. I have tried to rally the troops to do things like open the pier at ComEd but fisherman don't like politics. I don't either but until we stand up for our rights they will continue to be tramppled. It's up to you!!!!

G

·
Hootie,
I appreciate your activism. I am very disappointed that there is no location (that I am aware) that you can smelt and light a fire on the beach. It seems that we have enough coastline to allow at leat a portion be devoted during smelters during the brief sason in April. I will email the Waukegan mayor and harbor on the ramp situation as you have suggested, maybe even copy the state rep.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who responded. The Mayor's office has assured us the ramps will be repaired ASAP>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hootie,
I got the same reply via email today. Let's hope it happens, because I will not launch from there until they do. Also, have you heard if this will drive the fee up more beyond the $10 they currently charge?

WalleyeGuy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I certainly hope not as they were supposed to fix the ramps last year. By the way I buy the season pass for $100 because I launch at least 20-30 times a season. I agree that Northpoint has a better facility with the exception of parking, but unless you're into Greasers the fishing is better down here. Many times you will see their Charters down this way and South.
Thanx again for all the support-----Hootie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts