ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John is having his Spring show April 19th and 20th from 9AM - 6PM
Some guest speakers will be there and you have to check out his new store, which BTW, is right next door.
Always a good time.
:)2

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Yep it's that time of the year again. Lee's third annual spring show. Bigger and better then ever. John will have a ton of deals. The shop is coming around nicely and he is already starting to stock up on a lot of new toys.I'll be there both days, hope to see some of you guys.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
who me?
at lee's?
never.
his shop looks great
and he is constantly gettin new high end japaese cranks,
reels
and all kinds of stuff.
definitely worth a look-see.
:)2

·
Registered
34 Posts
More Info Please

Sorry I sound ignorant on this, but who is Lee's???
Could some info on dates, location, etc. be provided???
In the past, I have gone to some of the smaller shows in the metro area, and they have always provided me more info and personal equipment explanations the the big $$ ones.
Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I really hope i have at least one of those days off, I peeked into lee's last night after they were closed and it looks amazing with what he has done with the place

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Lee's is a small business, in a small place, but HE IS A HECK OF A GUY, THAT WILL BEND OVER BACKWARD TO HELP YOU OUT, AND GIVE YOU A GOOD DEAL. I go out of my way to help him out. We don't want to lose the small business man.

·
Registered
911 Posts
John is the man to see when you need anything fishing related. If you've never been before, stop by and check the store out, it's not like any tackle store you've ever been in before. Plus John thinks that "a dozen minnows" means 20 minnows for the price of a dozen. That alone makes him unbeatable.

I'll be stopping by for sure.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes ffishman exactly! Try to support the small business guys. With the Cabela's and BPS openings, John needs that extra support ! All these superstores can't provide the personal service and knowledge John gives. Stop in once in awhile and buy a lure or two. Keep these local guys in business !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Johnny definitely is the man!!! One dozen minnows could actually (and usually does) mean 3 to 4 dozen (sorry cluricaun). Maybe because i buy all my rods and stuff there now. He's definitely worth every penny. I think he'll be around for a long, long time. He is not a dumb business man. His location is a great one too. All the little bait stores in the Schaumburg area have come and gone because they didn't know how to treat their customers. Johhny has that knowledge. Kudos to John!!! May his store prosper for many many years to come.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just browse BPS and Cabela's now. All my big purchases go to John. He's been able to order anything I've asked for, and as far as I'm concerned it's worth waiting a couple of days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love the new ponds that he has in there. I agree with all u guys about the minnows thing. U ask for 1 dozn med. Fatheads and in goes 25 and I ask him, u sure thats 1 dozen, yeah he says its more. I love his rod selection but they are a little pricy but u gotta remember all the stuff he can give u deals on

·
Registered
608 Posts
I stopped by there to buy bait on the way to fish! Great and fresh baits! Clean store!

By the way, what do you think all fishermen sign up in Lee's that we want Busse Lake Largemoht Bass to be one per day and min. 18" ? Busse Lake can be a great big bass lake! One post in this Chicago Fishing Information fooled me about 9 lbs bass on April 1st but I know it can happened! Several over 5 lbs in Busse Lake! Need protect bass to grow big! I understand about bucket people and keep small bass for meal but we can do something to make Busse turn to be one of good big bass lake!

Lee's is one of the place anyone should stop by when going to Busse or anywhere!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Is Lee's phone # still the same, or did it change when he remodeled the store? I have been trying to get ahold of him at the number provided in the banner but the line is always busy.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
I'm talking to John now so the phone number is still the same.
We have his summer hours up now too.

Ok, I'm off the phone with him now so you can call ;)
It may be a bit but you know John, his wheels are turning and look for something neat in the future 8:)

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Got a hold of him, thanks Ed. Hope to make the show Sunday :)2
Don't go this Sunday, it's the following week...right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts