ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I park without getting in too much trouble. would like to fish near railroad bridge by lemont road bridge....point me in the right direction...i've never fished down there before

·
Registered
294 Posts
As you pass over the Lemont bridge (heading North, make a left at the access road immediately on the bottom of the bridge. Follow road around to the left and you can see where to access all the way down to the bridge. you might be surprised by the old rail bridge. Fish the upside for some nice bronzies.
There are other good spots in this area, when your there you should be able to figure out how to access the other side of the river.

·
Registered
15 Posts
also in lemont off of route 83 north over the bridge their's a liitle road called Jeans road. This road will take you by a water treatment plant where you will want to turn into. I don't know the streets back there, but it's not that difficult to find. This is a great spot, I've seen a few 30+ inch northerns caught.

·
Registered
294 Posts
This spot has been fished to death by people. If you want to have 4 poeople with 2 poles each all surrounding the spillway, then have fun, you wind up moving your rig every 10 seconds to switch with the guy who's about to cross your line. At night, the place looks light a landing strip at midway due to all the lighted bobbers. When I used to fish there, I called it the gauntlet. Yes, pike have been caught there, and at times in good numbers and size, but the hounds that surround this place make it a good sight to have a coctail rather than catch some fish. An alternative, when the river is low, walk the shoreline east from this spot until you catch the feeder creeks. If you want pike, then do some searching, and definitely use roaches or other live bait. The mouths are frenzied upon at dawn and sunset times.

Bassrat

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ever since Burr Ridge stoped having jurisdiction over the discharge area, night fishing has been o.k. The county patrols the area, and unless you have a cooler of beer, a supply of Mary Jane, or various other illegals, you shouldn't have a problem. I must warn you that a night run in the J boat is not a good idea for anyone not familiar with the river. There are many dangers in the river in this area, and I wouldn't advise fishing alone. Try going during the day for a while to get an understanding for the river.

Bassrat

Any other Q's PM me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.