ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the lincoln park south pond recently? This is not the strip of water that runs off Diversey harbour (the rowing canal). There has been alot of confusion between which is which, and I was wondering, after many sessions without a carp on the bank, if anyone has actually ever caught a common carp (not a gold fish) from the pond?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey Dutch, Tracy here. Yes there are common but not many. It's usually known for the grass carp that live there. I assume your speaking of the pond next to the Farm in the Zoo? Besides the goldfish, there are Koi, some big catfish and lots of bluegills. This is a venue that has been used for some matchfishing. Hope this helps. Don't forget the carp league starts May 3 over by the highschool. The rowing canal you speak of is on the league circuit and has some exceptional fish in there. My best is 23lbs. out of there. Any questions about the league, feel free to ask here or P.M. me. later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.