ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reports from little bay de noc going up next week cant wait. Very little reports coming from the mich sites most locals are hunting. Read a article today how the lake is 13ft down and today in the trib they show how low the lake is. Just hope our launch area is ok to motor out.

· Registered
474 Posts
If the walleye have come up from Green Bay, I would look for 8-12 feet of water around Hunters point or Sqaw point. Also, if you get a big north wind blowing, try running the 8-12 foot contour in front of the yacht club, it is always fishable w/ north winds and has been a go to spot if the fish are up. If fishing is slow in the bay, run south of Escanaba and fish the run between the Ford river and Breezy point...huge fish love the boulders there in the fall.

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input water is down 10 inches from last year. This is my 3rd year going up and every year i learn something so far what worked last year hasnt worked the following year. I am expecting the same this year just because of the wacky weather we had. Looks like the water is 47 degrees so i know the crank bite should be good just have to locate them. Also hoping the perch bite is still good as of last week they are still catching good perch in Escanaba Harbor. Wash will do have a new camera so will be pic happy. Cant wait looks like the forcast is showing NW winds arround 15mph with rain or snow lol.

· Registered
572 Posts
SONNY180 said:
Thanks for the input water is down 10 inches from last year. This is my 3rd year going up and every year i learn something so far what worked last year hasnt worked the following year. I am expecting the same this year just because of the wacky weather we had. Looks like the water is 47 degrees so i know the crank bite should be good just have to locate them. Also hoping the perch bite is still good as of last week they are still catching good perch in Escanaba Harbor. Wash will do have a new camera so will be pic happy. Cant wait looks like the forcast is showing NW winds arround 15mph with rain or snow lol.
I'd be very interested in hearing how you do... I'm heading to Da Yoop Nov. 1st - 4th and might have to pick a friend up from the Esky Airport on the 2nd.... If I'm picking him up, I'll be spending the morning pounding the shoreline around Gladstone for whatever I can turn up....

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Great one we will still be up there were coming home on the 3rd of Nov but if you like PM me your number i can give you a call and let you know what we did or didnt. Like i said took us to our very last day to find fish last year. Hope this year a little easier but knowing the bay it will be a couple of days of seek to find fish.

· Registered
572 Posts
SONNY180 said:
Sorry Great one we will still be up there were coming home on the 3rd of Nov but if you like PM me your number i can give you a call and let you know what we did or didnt. Like i said took us to our very last day to find fish last year. Hope this year a little easier but knowing the bay it will be a couple of days of seek to find fish.
Appreciate the offer, but I'll be ok... Like I said, I'm not even sure I'll end up fishing Bay de Noc... Best of luck to you.... Hopefully the Eyes will cooperate :)2 8:)

· Registered
3,335 Posts
How bout some ice advice? Went last year and fished Gladstone in February without much success. :-? Ice was really late and everyone of the locals had a shanty packed into the north end. I think the fish saw us all coming or the numbers were depleted by all of the pressure. This year I'm going in early January (as long as Al Gore allows normal ice this year. ;)

Anyone ice fish this area?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.