ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning around 6:30 A.M. caught 4 LM in less than an hour. I went back during lunch break I saw lots of LM hanging out with the crappies and gills and it doesnt want to bite. I used tube, worms, cranks, and spinners i just cant get it to bite. Im going back after work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lake Mich has a very large shoreline.This post is worthless unless you give us a general area.Don't give us an exact spot but give us a harbor area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Bassholes ! Take the info for what it is. Use the forum for timing & technique, why ask for more location detail. The bass are around go find 'em. Share tips on baits, depths, times and types of cover and let the fish guide you. Not an attack, just a reminder. Chicago's lakefront is crowded, some spots are small and some fishermen will disregard harvest rules and ethics. If he wants to share maybe use the private messaging. Go fish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dear Anonymous at Belmont: For suspended bass that won't hit try a Green/brown 4in. Kaelin Grub with a long tail--hook the grub texas rig with no weight and expose the tip of the hook--cast the bait 15 or 20 feet past the school. Count down 2 seconds for every foot and then reel the grub back through the fish at different speeds. The action from a Kaelin grub looks like a baitfish swimming by. Try to use as light of a line as possible--try 6 lb. Trilene green matches Lake michigan water pretty closely. Try varying the speed but start out a little quicker so they don't get a real good first look. Also try a 3 in. Rapala blue/silver or perch color suspending Husky Jerk and sast as far past the fish as you can and try different retrieves incl. stopping the bait in front of the fish at times. Don't stop the bait closer tha a foot or so if the water is clear, the fish will hear the rattles in the bait as you approach.
Good luck. P.S. 10 years ago I lived near Belmont Harbor and there were 0.00 bass in the harbor-- how things change........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lodzop, I have my own spots to fish. I put my time in to find them and I would not give them up either.All I was saying is to give a general,is it the cal.river, chicago river,Ind or wisc border.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts