ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I got out about four o clock and fished till dusk.Been there many times to slay the bluegills,but yesterday threw us a curveball.A couple small bluegills on minnows under bobbers then the bite died.While we sat back,my friend kept looking to one particular spot with allotta reeds and said "lets try over there".We had never tried that side and when we got there we played havoc trying to cast without catching the reeds.
Within minutes we both pulled out a couple small bass,then they started hitting like crazy,just out from shore about four feet right before a steep dropoff.As I was mentioning to him that I never knew they had bass in there he gets a hit and go figure,a baby northern about 11 inches long!Well lost the sun and packed up.If there is baby northern in there, there might be mom or dad in there as well???Going back this afternoon and will give it another shot,bringing wader boots and raingear,try to get out past the reeds abit.Good fishing to you all :)2

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:-D Ya,my military training has evolved into "fishing reconnaissance" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same pond,same bat channel...
Got there around 4 o clock set up and got the rods in the water just as it started to pour rain.Fished till around seven,minnows under a bobber about a foot,missed two strikes right away.I ended up with three bass around 7 inches :roll: Then got a fairly good sized bluegill.My partner in crime once again outdid me with about ten bass and two more northerns around a foot long,one bass(hawg) and two bluegills.Got soaked but had a great time,next time will try to have pics :)2

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Sweet report. It's amazing when trying a new portion of an existing spot produces that well.

Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts