ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a local pond by my house. The bass are going nuts eating everything possible. Caught about 7 bass in an hour with the largest being 4.25lbs. Fish was skinny wish I had the camera but I did have the certified scale. The fish should have been at least five and looked almost like she spawned already but I hope not.
Chris

·
Registered
294 Posts
Chris, if your really talking about the big O.F., then easy on the info. If your talking the surrounding towns, then thats cool. Little holes become overfished holes by the "What baits" and "What color" people.
Glad the years starting well for you.
Later.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I thought this site was for sharing info and anyways who cares if he does want to know where the pond is.If he practices catch and release what does it matter if he goes fishing there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
See, now this is a bit of a pet peeve. BassRat has just as much right to advise not to give too much information about ponds as I have a right to ask where the pond is.

As to your apparently rhetorical question, "what does it matter if it is all catch and release".

1) Fish really do not like getting hooked. If a fish is repeatedly hooked and hoisted out of the water by said hook, it will eventually get conditioned to avoid that pattern.

2) For every person who posts, there are 5 who do not. And they may not do catch and release.

I have a little hidden pond that I fish. I hit it at most, once every 3 weeks. Why? I take a lot of beginners out fishing and I want to show them a good time. The hook and hoist pattern is not repeated enough to train the fish.

There is a pond near my house that i wanted to try this year. But, for the last 10 days, the same guy has been fishing it. Same time of day. Every day. Well, you can bet I won't fish that hole this spring. Going to wait till this guy has turned off all the fish. 'Bout July 4, I expect.

The fish will train him to think they are all gone. He'll go home. I'll come back in August and throw some finesse baits and see what he was catching.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Rick I totally beleive every word you just said. Yrust me I found out the hard way. I ruined one of my favorite spots by telling a few guys. Never again. Also I wouldn't tell those guys that work in bait stores they'll turn around and tell every Tom, Dick, and Harry. Anyways, hey Chris do you live in Oak Forest. I knpw a couple of hot spots around here. I'm from Midlothian. If you ever want to get out to them or out to the cooling lakes or anywhere let me know. I'll take ya. I've got a boat. Always looking foe a good fishing partner. Till Later....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Chris, I fish all the cooling lakes, shabonna, Illinois River, fox river, and Lake Michighan. Every once in a while I go to Lake Erie for a weekend. We'll have to get out to the Illinois river soon the white bass are biting. As for the cooling lakes whenever you want to get out let me know. I fish the tournament out at Hedikie evry tuesday. Just let me know when you want to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.