ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the river (after a couple delays) around 11:15-12:30, found fish holding away from the walls on the edges of fast water. I moved around a lot, pretty simple no fish in 2-3 minutes move on. Picked up a couple in the 14-16" range and a couple crappies. Then popped to the next spot and got this nice chunk.

My biggest this year at 18 plus

One more pic

Bass were hitting like crappies just kind of slowly swimming away with it. Once you set the hook a much better fight then last week. The spot with the big fish is pretty small and several other fish rocketed out of the hole when I set the hook. Picked up my two smallest fish of the year just a little bit further down the seam.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Nice Nathan!
If I wasn't putzing around with stuff I gotta get done I'd go too.
Hmmm, now that I think about it I'm just about done so I'm going to try to get out a little later.
Those pictures are a kick in the butt :)2

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It killed me to leave Ed, with the fish moving a little and the water coming down it's opened up a lot more spots.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sweet! I live a stones throw away from the river in Oswego, and I never go to it. I gotta get out there and make it happen.

Thanks for a kick in the butt!

Anybody out there fish around Oswego? I would like to hook up with ya, as I am a river chicken.... :lol: Grown too comfy sitting in my prowler on ponds... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts