ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out Friday after work when i heard that all to familiar call. I could'nt see'em to good and then they worked their way toward me. It was a pair of adult loons with two young. I've never seen a loon in Illinois maybe someone can enlighten me or they just don't normally come to CCFP. Anyways I hope they stay it will make fishing maple all the more better with a taste of the northwoods. As for the fishing nothing made my way to Centennial yesterday caugt a few bass and a couple crappie. Third time out again and was disgusted once more two guys not from the neighborhood keeping every dink crappie they could catch. Some people need a lesson in selective harvest. I'm so sick and tired of these people destroying the lakes and ponds that i don't have to drive an hour to fish.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I hope they are migrating to the Northern Illinois area. They are awesome birds. I love to hear them and love to watch them swimming in front of the cabin on vacations up North. Watching them swim under water is amazing. Had one right near the boat a few years back that seemed to be putting on a diving show / underwater swimming performance. They are REALLY FAST swimmers underwater. To see that up close and in action was amazing. 8:)

·
Registered
717 Posts
There have been a pair of Loons on Crystal Lake for the last several years. I would have to say the last 5 or 6. They are there every spring and every fall. Was out Saturday and they were there, calling and swimming around. Very cool to hear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts