ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with the water level? The lake looks about two feet low. Dragged my motor coming out of the boat launch. :x They need to mark a decent channel. Do they raise it in the summer? By the way, the bass are still biting. A little slower than last weekend but still good.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops...Its Lasalle I'm whining about

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with the water being low. I have a ranger 619 and scrap bottom coming into the lagoon. Also, be careful on the far south ramp. I hit some rocks or someting as I was lining up boat to go on the trailer. I felt I had my motor trimmed pretty high. Fun day as we caught some blues trolling cranks in 17 fow. Jim

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They should warn people at the ramp. I bent my stainless prop and bent my skeg into a "L" shape. I raised the motor as far as I could the next time. There are also some sections of the lake in the west side that are too shallow.

Hopfully they fill it back up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With all of this rain coming and flooding all across the Midwest I think the low water levels in these lakes have other issues that people need to address.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The middle ramp had somethng in it also. I hit it but I was going slow enough that I didn't damage anything. Water is way down. I think they are waiting to see what the spring rains bring. Keep your motor trimmed up until you get out past the break wall. You will bottom out if you don't.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought they could pump water from the river, or release it to the river whenever they wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts