ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard breaking news, no pun intended... Possible drowning at Maple Lake. Someone went thru the ice this morning (Sat.)! Palos rescue squad on the scene. Hope all CLFer's are safe!

·
Registered
407 Posts
The ice looks pock-marked

Even with the cold weather, the sun is what will start eating away the ice. I hope noone got injured or worse. This is scarey stuff.

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
I'm here. Canceled my Arrowhead crib search after the warm weather we had. I went through (Lemont) last year. Once is enough!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I pulled up to the Maple Lake overlook hoping for some open water and there was another young guy there with the same idea. We saw a man walking onto the Ice from the other side of the lake. He just kept walking almost all the way to the middle, then BAM he just went through at 12:15. I immeadiately called 911. We continued to shout to the man whos head was above water and still conscience. He answered and we let him know help was on the way. The Palos fire and police department were great and got there in about three minutes. It took a while to get him out since he was so far out in the lake but they looked like pros. They took him away in an ambulance. If anyone knows this guy I would like to know how he is doing. Please let me know.

Thanks, Dan

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
:)2 :)2 Dan! There may be a blurb in a Sunday newspaper?

I assume he had no ice spud with him :)3 And no spikes of life to help pull himself out :)3 :)3

G

·
Dan, The guy that went through is very fortunate that you had the presence of mind to do what you did. You are a Great American. You were smart too, to leave the rescue to the pro's; otherwise there may have been 2 or 3 guys going through. Lastly, now that's what cell phones are for !! You should be proud of youself !!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan,

Thank God you were there and took quick action. And thanks for your post too! :)2

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow.....

My worst fears are just that....

I always carry a spud with me to check every time I move early and late season...

$20.00 or so worth of metal well spent...

God bless us all in our passion and how we look out for one another!!!

Makes me proud and good news on the outcome of this!!!!

Thanks....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts