ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Maxinkucke 4-20

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Woodbutcher68 
G
#1 ·
We pulled the 'would rather fish the evening bite', which of course means 'we want to sleep more' on saturday and made it out around 1:30. Turns out this was the right idea, because there was a tourney that morning and, if you've been to max before, the parking sucks. All the tourney guys were finishing the ir weig in as we pulled up. Talked to one guy who said all but three boats weighed fish, and 3 of those had their limits. Spinner baits appeared to be the hot lure they said. Well, we tried to fish the mian lake, but the winds were kicking us around too much, so we headed into the 'canals', which are just man made bays for poeple who don't live on the main lake to keep their jet skis. The water was a little dingy, but warm. It was around 60 throughout the channels. In there we got one largemouth on a spider grub and I personally missed 5 hooksets (D'oh!) on a purple Zoom lizard. My buddy also got one on the noertheast shore of the main lake with the same spider grub on a jig head. A zebra mussel was also snagged. It was a fun but chilly and rainy day. I definitely think this lake has great potential, but from what I hear the summer is horrible with all the boat traffic. Also, we are planning on hitting koontz lake this saturday. If any one has a report or advice, that would be super. Thanks.

#3 ·
The few times I was on Maxinkuckee in the summer, the center of the lake was deserted. All the boats stayed to the outside in a counterclockwise rotation. Just a few went to the center. Early morning is a quiet time out there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.