ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tom the Fisherman and I are looking for a fourth for our annual trip to Canada! Right now we are at 3 people (Tom, his father, and myself), for comfort and policy reasons (2 anglers & 1 guide per boat, 4 to a cabin) we need one more angler. A friend of ours dropped out so we decided to use this as an opportunity to meet/make a new friend from the site.

The days are the 17th to the 25th (not including day drive back and forth)

The cost is $2,555...

ALL INCLUSIVE!
"Includes: A fully guided fishing trip with a professional and friendly guide. Breakfast and Gourmet dinner in our main lodge. Your beverages are included too. We have fully modern accommodations. Our cabins have private bedrooms, bathrooms, water front and a common area. Towel and maid service daily. Transportation to and from Ross' Resort. You'll be fishing in a 17 foot Lund Outfitter boat with a 50 horsepower Honda or Yamaha four-stroke outboard, and a graph. We also include all your gas, bait, pop, conservation fishing license, and of course a professional guide for each day of your visit and he'll prepare shore lunch for you each day. Lakes include Pipestone Lake, Sullivan and Yoke."

FYI : Conservation license means that we can take enough fish (reg. size) for lunch, and no more. No taking fish home.

We'll be mainly targeting Walleye, Smallmouth, and Pike ...although some of the lakes do hold muskie... 8:)

We had an excellent experience last year, the food and lodging is fantastic, as are the guides, and the fishing is a week in heaven. The MOST relaxing week of your life. Please let us know if you have any questions (Tom or myself), Tom also has a copy of their "Big Catches" from last year, he can email them to you upon request.

For more Info/Pics from last year:
http://www.happylandingfishing.com/

Some of our pics (Tom has more, he'll post them later on too:-D )

·
Registered
356 Posts
If I wasn't getting married in June I'd seriously think about taking you up on this. I just don't have the money right now, too much invested in the wedding. Looks like a lot of fun though. I've been fishing the English river system up there for 20 years now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I stayed on the clearwater/pipestone chain several times when I was in my late teens/ early twenties. More specifically on jackfish lake in one of ross' outpost cabins. I have a lot of good memories from those trips that go way beyond just fishing.

We mostly fished Ottertail, jackfish, loonhaunt, lake despair, and lake albert. Those lakes are a long boat ride from where you guys are staying, but if you want an adventure....just make sure you have a good map, Everything looks the same!

Plenty of walleye and pike in those lakes.....never did hook into any trophys though. The true gem to me was the smallmouth fishing. Plenty of big fish and numbers of them....next time I go I've already decided to target them almost exclusively. If its doable try lake Albert....I'll bet we caught a hundred smallies on that lake one day...one of those days I'll never forget.

Wish I could join you guys, but I don't really have the money or the time this year. Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts