ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! The simple information request I regarded as typical of this site really started a debate on membership, and sides have merit. I have frequented this site for several years, as it provides the enjoyment of reading about my favorite hobby AND information leading to more productive outings. The only reason I have not subscribed was lack of a compelling reason to do so. I was not aware there was a seperate posting forum for members - Old School's post was the first I heard of it.

I intended to subscribe to see what was there - and then other priorities took over. On Monday my 7 year old dog was diagosed with cancer. Multiple vet visits and procedures for him, emotional roller coater for us. Aas yet no firm diagnosis on the type of cancer - but no more evidence of it in his body - for now.

I need to consider membership with a claer mind.

On to the report:

Fishing was tough. Swede64 and I scrapped hard for 11 whites. The good news is 7 of them were BIG females including a 17" and 16". The rest above 14. The females were still packed tight so the spawn is still a week or two away. The Vermillion was high and clear. The Illinios was high with relatively low visability. We caught fish in both, mostly on blades. Only one spot produced more than one fish - apparently not schooling yet. No drum, cats, herring, buffalo or anything else on the blades.Wierd.

I'll post pics of the big girls tomorrow if my daughter can figure it out for me.

Tight lines to all.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
glad you caught some fish :D

and dont sweat the membership/subscriber debate....not really a debate at all. Just conversations and concerns about attitudes more than anything else.

We tend to do that in what we call the "silly season" of fishing....just wait till its too cold for open water and too warm for ice :lol:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Throw in a cold snap and splat a delay in the process. If you fish in the next week, slow down and be patient. Evenings , I would think will be better if you do go out. Good luck.

12 hour shift tomorrow. No fsihing for me this weekend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Labman and Bigbaddad, you are both right.

Labman I am surprised to hear you say evening may be best. I've always fished for whites EARYY in the day - I've consistently heard that's best so thats what I've done. Prefer to fish the evening bite when when possible.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Night fishing for white bass

I don't know about the Illinois river for white bass at night, but at the Wolf river in Wisconsin I would clobber the white bass at night. I use to fish up to about 11 PM. The action was great. If I was in the boat I would jig for them. On the shore I would use a bobber with a minnow about 3 ft under the bobber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.