ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went fishing out there on midlothian resvoir had a few bites no catches................fished the northwest side of lake and saw crappie and whit bass jumping out the water in about 2-4 feet in depth ..........couldn't get to the cover..wind was terrible.....

·
Registered
762 Posts
Try the northeast corner for bass.Also OK after a big rain. Also when water is up, flip around the end of the brushline or the original shoreline grass.This lake will rise 10-20 feet after a big rain.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I read somewhere quite awile ago that when the lake was shocked, most of the Bass were located under the overhanging trees on the west shoreline. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My experiences at Midlothian have led me to the west shoreline of the lake to the LEFT while looking from the parking lot. As noted earlier find the weedlines and find the fish. Particularly if you can cast out past the weedline and bring your lure through it.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
For those who like them, there are some good sized carp in the west lake, and I have had sporadic luck with crappie on the east lake. I fished both lakes on the spit of land that runs between them about 2/3 of the way toward north end of lake. You will see a spot where the lakes must flow together in high water times.

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Just a warning that they are allowed to run those toy powerboats at Midlothian. I found that out the hard way as I was catching Carp in the first lake(East?) and had a jamoke use my floats as a racing bouy. No more fish after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts