ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Mill Creek on Saturday and had zero luck. We have a small club T this coming weekend (2 day T) so we tried to figure out where the bass were. Well there were 3 of us and we didn't have a single bite for 6 hours on the water. Fished cranks, spinnerbaits, suspending rogues, jigs, carolina rigged lizards, tubes, and creature baits. Fished in the timber, on points, and weed flats. Nothing at all. Water in the backs of creek arms was 45 and main lake was 41. Had about 4-6 inches of visiblility on the north end of the lake and about 10 inches down south. We didn't mark many (any) fish in less than about 15 feet of water. We didn't mark many (any) fish in less than about 15 feet of water. I hope the water warms up a little by this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone had any luck fishing at Mill Creek in conditions like this. Any help would be appreciated and I'll let you know how the tournament turns out. If you don't want to post here then feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks. - Jeff Wolfe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, we had our club tournament and fishing was tough to say the least. Water had cleared up, but was still pretty dirty. Temps from 44 early in the day to around 53 in spots later in the day. We had 3 different guys weigh in only 1 fish each on each of the 2 tournament days. 6 fish total and the winner had a 3.22 pounder. Most of those were caught on a black and blue jig and I think 2 were caught on a white spinnerbait. I, personally, only caught 1 short fish on Saturday. Overall very tough and not very many short fish being caught either. With the warmer weather coming this week the water should really warm up and fishing should pick up in the next week or so. Good luck and tight lines. - Jeff Wolfe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts