ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Did some bank fishing at Batavia Dam today. The smallies were sluggish. Did manage to catch five. The one in the pictures was the largest - 14". All caught on jig & twister. Any guesses what color?

1 @ 14"
1 @ 13"
2 @ 12"
1 @ 10"

They did provide a lot of fun. Especially the 13"er.

Razzo

G

·

Um... Chartreuse & white?

PS. nice to see your regrown thumbs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bob Hicks on 2002-04-22 19:37 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
My monday afternoon was rather pathetic also...for the time spent anyway. I wound up with 7 smallies and 1 green sunfish. The only bright spot was the smallies were nice size 13-17.5". With the cold weather everything seemed to be sluggish...last week in the warm weather saw plenty of active fish breaking the surface and today didn't see a one.;-(

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pathetic also
Wallidave,

I didn't mean to sound downtrodden in my post. I had a very good afternoon.

7 smallies between 13 & 17.5" is pathetic? Guess I'm getting old - I am happy to get out. Pick that chin up me boy. You had a good day! Admit it.

Last Friday was a fluke. The smallies on the Fox were in the zone (at least at Batavia - not sure about the rest of the Fox). Multiple people getting 20 to 30 fish in a relatively little amount of time.

You were fishing! That's an automatic good day. A 17.5" smallie, that's a bonus!

Enjoy yourself wether you catch fish or not. I almost stepped on a pregant goose today. I was sneaking around some rough terrain and turned a corner and hisssssss.

I had a muskie take me on the ride of my life today. Darn thing was gonna spool me. I couldn't stop it. I only had one smallie to that point. I still wanted to fish. I fought that fish just to get some line back. He ended up cutting my line and gave back most of it.

I saw a carp swimming close to shore under some foam. I snagged him good. Had him in the tail so he couldn't give it all his power. This thing jumped like Free Willy three times. I was laughing! Jig eventually popped out.

I ran into Kirt who some of you will remember as the guy who worked at BTS. I miss that baitshop. He was out on Friday at Batavia too. He caught 30 smallies while my buddie Bobber Jim caught 20. Nice guy, shot the breeze for a while. Shared some tips.

Good day on the Fox.

Razzo

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

See if this works (posting two picture sinthe same post). Coool, it did.

I was swimming my jig like a minnow between the wall and the tree. Hugging the wall, swimming to and fro. Just swimming it around right in front of me and <font color="#FFFF00">BamKazooie</font>! The 13" smallie slammed into it. Tried wrapping my pole around the tree. That was tight quarters. I leaned out over the water and laid on the tree passing the pole under it from my right hand to my left. Just so I could fight this guy.

That was fun.

Razzo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razzo on 2002-04-22 21:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
197 Posts
razzo, beautiful rez on those pics. i'm assuming your using a digital. just got one for the wife (yeah, that what she thinks) what pixel level are you taking these pics at. also if you ever have a chance i would love to know how you are posting just one image at a time. i think your using your CLF image hosting sevice, yes? later. dave h

·
Registered
51 Posts
Razzo, looks like you're getting the hang of it with your digital. Nice shots, nice fish. You were about 6 blocks from my house in Batavia. Too bad I didn't know, I could have came down and cast over your line... dang!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Razzo good job hope you can lead us in catching fish like that at the clean up and maybe show me some new techniques.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spvergara on 2002-04-23 13:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skitterpop
1) i'm assuming your using a digital. <font color="#FFFF00">Yes</font>
2) just got one for the wife (yeah, that what she thinks) <font color="#FFFF00">Good luck, hide the instructions and volunteer to take all family pictures. If you are consistant she'll never learn how to work it and it is yours.</font>
3) what pixel level are you taking these pics at. <font color="#FFFF00">2.1 megapixel</font>
4) also if you ever have a chance i would love to know how you are posting just one image at a time. i think your using your CLF image hosting sevice, <font color="#FFFF00">yes, last I read CLF Image Hosting is temp down for new sign ups - once they fix whatever is wrong I trust they'll open it up for new sign ups</font>

WTF?
You were about 6 blocks from my house in Batavia. Too bad I didn't know, I could have came down and cast over your line... dang! <font color="#FFFF00">I look forward to that. I'll e-mail you my cell phone (the number, that is).</font>

spvergara
I'll do my best. WTF taught me that catching fish is really not necessary to make a good post. All it takes is a good photo editing program :smile:

Razzo

·
Registered
197 Posts
razzo, thanks for sharing the info. i already have a CLF site (actually 2 of them) and i'm still up and running...altough with some problems on my first site. i'll p.m. you when i have more time to write. thanks again. dave
p.s. hitmy www icon at the bottom of my post if you have never seen my pics...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
skitterpop,

I didn't realize you had CLF Image Hosting.

What to do:

Instead of Create a New Page (Left) look to the right for Upload Graphics.

Hit the Browse button and find your image. Once you've found it, click it and then hit the Upload Now button.

After it has loaded, the page will be white with a promt to return to the Gallery (do so).

Scroll down to "Your Graphics Collection." You'll see the file name for the image you've just uploaded and any others you may have previously loaded.

Click on the file name and the image will pop up.

Once the image has opened copy the URL address and close down Image hosting.

While writting your post, look to the right and click on the Image button.

A dialog box will appear, then past the URL address in space provided and click OK.

When you submit your post the image should appear in the post.

Hope that helps,
Razzo

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hey Razzo, I didn't mean to sound down ridden or greedy in my post about my results from yesterday either. Granted it's always a great day just to be on the water and I always enjoy myself butttttt...I do have high expectations in my fishing ability even under the hardest conditions. Like I mentioned for the time spent yesterday it wasn't the best of days...I barely managed 1 fish an hour with hardly any additional hits in between. Days like that I consider pretty slow.

Generally, I average anywhere from 25-50 fish(mix species and size) in a typical 8-12 hour outing, with 100+ days rather common on waters other then the river. Yesterday I was out for just over 5 hours so I considered it a well below average day. I guess pathetic was a little too strong? LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
well, i fully understood your directions but the image isn't popping up. don't kill your self trying to explain, it's probably something i'm doing on my end, i'll keep playing with it. thanks a bunch, your the goods. dave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: skitterpop on 2002-04-23 22:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: skitterpop on 2002-04-23 22:53 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts