ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to the reservoir after work yesterday. It was windy, very windy. When you see whitecaps and 1 foot rollers coming off hemain lake, you know it is windy. Anyway, I picked up a seven foot ultra-light a couple of weeks ago, and this was the first day that I had a chance to try it out. I started off with a blue and white tube jig with silver flakes on a 1/16 oz. head about 4 feet below a slip cork (thank you Bill Dance for letting me know that they are slip corks and not slip bobbers). I tipped the jig with a few wax worms. After missing a few of what I thought were hits, I decided to try an all-white tube on a 1/32 oz. head. Apparently that was the right idea, since on the first cast my bob.., wait, slip cork, went down. I battled the beast to shore and pulled out a beautiful 7 inch bullhead. I always kind-of believed that the first fish you catch on a rod determines the kind of luck that rod will bring you. If that is true, what does this bullhead mean? A few casts and another bullhead later, I decided to switch up and toss a tiny brush hog for some bass. The water was pretty churned up from the wind, so my hopes were not high. That was a good thing, because I did not get any more hits. All in all, it was a good day, and the extra length on the rod made for some easy casting. I did get checked for my license. Thats good. But I saw a guy keep a pretty good size bass. Thats bad. I won $2 in the big game. Thats Good. I did not win the jackpot. Thats bad. The frogurt is also cursed. Thats bad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
WHATS UP FLY,

WHAT DOES THE BULLHEAD MEAN?? I THINK IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE DESTINED FOR SLIMEY SLABBIES THAT CROAK WHEN YOU GRAB THEM.THAT'S A GOOD THING.WHISKOWY WABBIT.ALSO, THE OLD STOCKING PONDS IN THE BACK (NORTH SIDE) ARE WHERE ITS AT-HUGE BASS AND BLUEGILL BACK THERE-USE MINNOWS...LATER

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't you work when you are at work? Oh wait, I'm at work too...never mind. I always thought bullhead were better for huckin' at trees than eatin, but what do I know, I'm no fish studyin' school boy! I am about due for a vacation, maybe I'll follow you back down after we hit the fox when you are up here. Still waiting on pics of that elusive 9lber. Any luck selling that bathtub of a boat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts