ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moosefly and I were out from 8-9:30. It was bitter cold and the water was very choppy. A lot of people out though. I was told people were catching fish on powerlines, but we didn't see anyone catch anything. Maybe next time........

Marty

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was at Montrose in the afternoon saw Cohos and Browns caught on night clawlers and minnows using power lines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i guess them people using powerlines are getting more lucky shooting them far out in the water. good for them will we fish offshore trying our luck hey you never know when it just might happend lets just keep trying the luck it might pay off

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was at Montrose today Sunday,same story power lines getting coho and browns with Monnows and Night clawlers lake side.Fished all day with Rod and reel using Minnows and Night Clawler not even a hit.Tryed Harbor and lake side .Did see a guy catch a small Coho in harbor next to a dock using rod and reel with minnows fishing 6 feet down.

·
Registered
731 Posts
keyth how was the water clarity lakeside was there sat and it was rough and murkey did not put powerlines out took a pass went to the pier for perch and got some went back today and got a limit of 8 to 11" inchers not many at the 11 mark but all very yummy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lake side of Montrose was choppy Sunday causing sand bottom to get worked up.I could see the water darkin in areas due to the sand in the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts