ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally popped the coho cherry. Thanks to all who have posted here for the info. Got two coho and a fat brown. When I landed the brown, I wasn't quite sure what it was. All the brown trout I have caught in other waters have had a lot more color to them. This one was all silver w/ the same spots as all the other browns I have caught. Are all the brown trout in LM like this? Just curious.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Congrats! My roomate got a 4lb Brown Sunday at Belmont. Seems like it was mostly silver with a Blueish-green back. Great lookin' fish. What did you catch your fish on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Diggler....browns are goodlooking fish aren't they? I did the same double take. As silver as the coho....browns in the fall were nice and copper. I had one guy yesterday say "Nice coho" another said "nice lakers" but they're browns.Lakers have forked tails and the salmon are darker on the insides of the mouths.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah those browns are nice looking. Now I just need to see what a steelhead looks like! Got all my fish on nightcrawlers below a bobber. Had squid out also and they wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those browns are nice looking. Do the rainbows and steelhead have the same lack of coloring? Got all the fish on a nightcrawler below a bobber. Had squid out there also and they wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DIGGLER,

Where you at the shoe or at the harbor.

I fished behind the Planetarium. No fish. Water was too murky.

Will give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was fishing the west side of the harbor. The water looked a bit too murky to try the shoe. Fished the harbor again thursday afternoon and boy was it slooowwww.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts