ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color="#00FF00">I was made aware this weekend that Mchenry County Conservation District has bought 90 acres along the Kishwaukee River, They will be doing a sand prarie habitat restoration project along the parcel. The area bought is along the Marengo-Union Rail road and the land was aquired for 525,000 $ Now if you know this stretch at all its a silty sandy stretch and not that great for smallies to roam. But what it does meen is that there will be no subdivision development in that area ,which seems to be creeping closer to the Kish every day</font>

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kevin,

That is good news.
THat is my favorite stretch to wade. I do pretty well on LM and nice sized pike. Although I have been skunked about 5 trips in a row for some reason.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color="#FFFF00">Cliff,anytime the state or conservation groups buy land before housing developers do it great news! Ive been working in the northeast burbs the last few weeks and i cant believe how many houses and bussiness's they have built with NO road improvements! Driving from Rockford to crystal lake takes a half hour from Crystal Lake to barrington takes 45 minutes what the hell is that ! Ive stopped taking route 90 because they are doing more construction on that and it looks like it's still brand new. Yet all these heavily populated towns like Libertyville, Kildeer ,Barrington ,and so on have one lane roads everywhere. Its so stupid! Anyhow i say yes keep buying up the river ways ,Rockford Conservation District is doing an awesome job and i hear they will be buying more.</font>

·
Registered
281 Posts
Kevin,

I always enjoy the information you post, but I also have to 'select all the text' ot highlight it to make some of your font colors readable. Keep up the good posts, but find a color we can read and stick to it.
:smile:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bigguy thanks for the tip will white be o.k.! you still get the smilies though!!!! :)18 :)25

1 - 5 of 5 Posts