ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nice to see many more posts being made. For a while there, only a few people were posting. I hope the post number contiunes to increase. Good Fishing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that more people are finding out that the website changed. For about 3 weeks I was getting sent to the wrong web page because I had the old address saved in my favorites. I just thought the site was down when I couldn't post anything.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I DONT THINK THERE ARE
TOO MANY GUYS ON THIS BOARD THAT
FISH THE KANK.I ONLY SEE A HANDFUL
OF NAMES THAT I RECOGNIZE CONSISTANTLY ON THE KANK
BOARD. IN MY OPINION, THE KANKAKEE IS THE
MOST VERSITLE RIVER IN THE STATE AND THE
SHEAR BEAUTY OF IT...WELL, YOU GUYS OUT THERE
KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT
LATER
MIKE S
ANYONE NEED A KANK FISHIN' PARTNER???
DROP ME A LINE.I LOVE CALLING OFF WORK(LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stinkbait420 on 2002-04-18 11:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fish the river quite often and I totally agree with you about how versatile the river is. You can catch pratically any species of fish on the river in good numbers. I don't know ,however, how many people here do fish the river. If they do start, I hope that they treat the river respectfully.

·
Registered
461 Posts
stinkbait420 & Tom,

K3 is a pretty river. I am looking forward to learning it. I live about equal distance from the Fox and the K3. I learned to fish rivers on the Fox and know it and generally do well. I guess I have gotton pretty comfortable with it and just keep going back to that which I am familiar with.

Business brings me down 102 to Kankakee about as often I want. As you seen from the pictures I have been exploring Rock Creek and I would like to plan a return trip. I'd be happy to fish the K3 more and as far as a K3 fishing partner goes stinkbait - I'd be happy to hit the river with you (give me an e-mail). I don't know the river yet though.

Tom, I agree with treating the river respectfully. When I came up from my trip to Rock Creek, my back was sore, I was a little tired and had to hurry home because I stayed longer than I should have. While in that frame of mind a lady walking her dog asked me "are you a naturalist?" She must have seen me taking pictures of Rocks (LOL). I thought about it for a moment and said "I never thought of it that way; but, I guess I am a naturalist."

What I do know is that when I got home I felt very relaxed and peaceful. I didn't catch a fish and the fishing was still great.

Razzo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts