ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if straton park is open? i am looking to go out this weekend. and get my boat out for the first time any information will help. /help

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was open last Sunday, I will check for you tomorrow. I am going to do some shore fishing tomorrow afternoon so I will let you know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well.....I am glad I checked, the park is currently closed to boaters. I went in from the west side and was able to park under the bridge to fish. I would say that the ramps are only about a foot or so under water. If we don't get anymore rain they may be open by the weekend. I may stick my head out there Friday if the rain and wind hold off. I can let you know.

The shore fishing was brutal today. The wind was blowing right in my face and the water is moving extremely fast, I couldn't keep a 1 3/4 ounce sinker on the bottem....Brutal. I stayed for an hour with a couple bites but no catches.

The guys down the shore were there all day. They had one large carp, maybe 5 pounds, a 17 inch large mouth, several sheephead and a 15 inch striper..

I will keep you posted. :)2

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was out there last Thursday and it was open. A few boats were there. Didnt do any fishing though.

And Dangmuns NEVER catches anything so don't let that discourage you! Ha Ha :roll:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, well i do appreciate you checking you save me some gas money for the weekend. hate to go there and they are closed. i will wait for your reply maybe after all the rain pases. thanks alot i owe a BEER!! :)2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jose, good news for you my friend! The ramps and park are open as of today anyway... I was out there today and only one trailer in the lot. The ramps looked fine though. The water is still really dirty with maybe 6 inch clarity.

Today the fish were biting from shore. I had several bites and managed to land a catfish, a striper and 4 sheep head in about 2 hours. I am heading back there tomorrow.

The weekend forecast does not look good until Sunday, but I think you should be fine launching.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dangmuns, thank you for the update it looks like saturday will be the day i will go. i will let you know how i did again thanks :)2 /cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts