Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, going to try my first poll. Hopefully it works.

This always interested me, and i recently got into a conversation with my buddies about music while doing construction. I brought up fishing and we couldnt come to an agreement.

Let me know if i forgot one.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Ya, none I don't listen to music while fishing. I guess I'm weird that way. Its the truth I just don't. :roll:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I dont really listen to music, it kind of ruins the outdoor experiance for me but if i could choose a genre it would be reggae its jsut relaxing. But i prefer jsut to listen to the birds and the water flowing

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Interesting topic.

Actually, I have never listened to music while fishing from a boat. I don't have a stereo in my boat but I wouldn't even if I had one when bass fishng. However, when I go ice fishing or fish from shore I always wear headphones and listen to sports talk shows.

One interesting note... About 7-8 years ago I was at Shelbyville and this guy pulls up in a boat and is playing this gospel rant. I was thinking who is this joker? But he just starts slaying crappie. If I thought Christian Music improved my fishing you better believe I would be playing it.

Good fishing. Paul

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like to listen to classic rock and always have to listen to some pink floyd in memory of a fallen fisherman that got me into fishing the big pond at the early age of 5,been doing it ever since. Usually the run out is dark side of the moon.mcfatty

·
Registered
539 Posts
No music but supplied by nature. Streams offer nice backround noise, and sometimes you are free from both automobiles and people - at once! I turn to the outdoors to get away from all of our collective noise. But if I had to listen to music, slow country or Renaissance lute music would be comfortable.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I've got music ((or is it voices) No, I'm not telling them about you. Leave me alone. No I can't fish now, I'm at work.) playing in my mind all the time. I've always got music playing, except when I'm fishing (I told you to leave me alone), so I've always got some tuine in my mind.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks like we got some Hillbillys here (J/K) I also voted for country music I mostly like hearing Toby keith while fish'n but when I got the throttle wide open on the boat and blasting across a lake I like to hear some Godsmack, Korn,Mudvein :)34 and lets not forget about SLAYER!!!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
dear God, please, anything...ANYTHING but country.

while i listen to many kinds of music often, i don't tend to listen to it while fishing (noise scares fish, etc.). but classic rock is the music of choice because everyone knows the songs and words so it can take everyone's mind off a dull day without bites.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
what about my favorite ...disco ? just kidding, although a new cd player is going in soon, fishing has to be pretty slow. my vote is for nature especially the first and last couple hours

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
None! And I would probably be the big mouth jerk who told someone else to turn it down. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I don`t pick the music, but it seems that classic rock; Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Ozzie, and Rush seem to be the preferred CD`s on my boat. This is a little different than casting along the shoreline up in Northern Wisconsin, there I prefer to listen to the natural surroundings around me.

"Wet Nets"
Captain Jim

·
Registered
531 Posts
When trolling on the Big Lake it's got to be Hank Williams Sr, the Doors, George Thorogood, Pink Floyd, Willie Nelson or ??? It mostly depends on who else is on the boat with me. If the fishing is good we just listen to the VHF radio to give and take tips.

Now that I've XM MiFi 2 Go...we can listen to anything we want. I'm hoping that reception should be great on the lake.

·
Registered
375 Posts
While I really enjoy listening to music in almost all other aspects of life...I casted my vote for "other" and in this case, my "other" means NONE. I really think sounds of the water, and nature sounds really make the fishing trip something more than just a sport, but a real experience! Does one really need to listen to music when you have sounds of running water, hawks screeching, frogs sounding off...to name just a few? :wink:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now that im looking back, i should have added a "none" colum, what i was really going for was what type of music, youd go for if you had to listen.

For instance i really enjoy just being completely silent and listening to nature and everything around me, also cause im concentrating on my rod, line and lure. Feeling for taps and any of the other million things that a fisherman/outdoorsman go through in their mind consciously and unconsiously (gauging wind, judgeing tap strenght, looking for jumps and ripples...etc)

But i was thinkning of more along the lines as someone on a boat or maybe if you had to listen to some type of music. I know many people who love rap or rock but will only listen to country or classic rock when fishing. It just intriguied me is all.

I def. should have added Ball games. LOL. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Half the time, I'm enjoying the nature and not listening to music. As the day wears long, I start turning on the stereo. Now I'm one that used to b itch if someone was making noise, but I have found over the years that it didn't seam to matter. But let me clarify. If the water is quiet and you sneak into an area to fish, any noise seems to spook the fish. Why? I dunno.

But be on a lake with other boats (recreational idiots) and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm quiet, noisy or playin music. The shallower I get seems to matter, but more then 10 feet and I don't think they (fish) care.

Can't say I have caught more or less with or without music. So, if I want to be entertained, then I'll be playing music. Respectfully to those around me of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't go fishing often. But when I'm there, I don't listen to music. They say that music and unnecessary noise only scare the fish away. But I listen to music when I drive. To increase my playlist, I often use youtube converter. More recently, it has become difficult to pay for these services. Guys, advise the youtube to mp3 online free converter. Thank you all in advance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts