ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out on this lake recently to do any pike fishing? I'm heading there the day after Thanksgiving and was looking for a report. Last year it was still too warm when I was there water temp wise and all we were catching were big largemouths on our pike baits. Also, any suggestion on specific bait/color to use would be apprecaited as well. We normally stick to the husky jerk type baits, but curious if someone has any other things that work great there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be willing to share what you used to catch those monsters and where on the lake u were? I only go there once a year and its hard to figure out a lake that way. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Theres only one power plant on the lake, ''East Side'' fish the sunken slab wood over there as it goes from 3 feet to 26 in about 1/4 block distance. Rattle traps in fire tiger and 3/8 ounce spinner baits char. and white also catch big pike at night trolling # 14 husky jerks along the drop offs while fishing for trophy eye's at night! :)2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.